Friday 19 August 2011

Why I Haven't Been Blogging.......

I have a stack of lovely foods to review, I have created some recipes I'm really proud of to share with you, but I haven't been blogging. Why? Well, every year at my daughter's nursery they have "Summer Club" in August, where each week has a theme. And each week has a fancy dress day. And each fancy dress day needs a costume.

I'm not particularly flush with cash (still waiting for the EuroMillions Lottery to look my way) and I do like trying to make something out of what I've got, so here's what I made this year:


Week one: Olympic Week. Yes, I admit, I didn't need to make anything for this one, just borrowed a football kit my friends daughter had grown out off. Week two was Beach Week:



And the dressing up theme was Haawaii. The skirt started out life as one of those curtain/screens you hang at the back door to stop flies getting in. A great jumble sale find by my sister. I cut it down, added snaps and velcro to make a skirt and added some flowers to the waistband.

The flower necklace was a boot sale find and the sunflower in her hair something that had been in my hair-do's box for ages. Week three was all about People Who Help Us & Superhero's.

This is Super Emma! (Her Super Power is being able to eat three times her own body weight in food everyday. Well, that's what it seems like) I dyed a bodysuit red, cut out some cotton diamonds from an old sheet for the front and back and sew on the "E" and edging in ribbon. And for her SuperHero cape.....


Yellow and black ribbons cut to length and tacked on at the neck.
Back to cooking next week!

No comments: